You are among the survivors of the Covid-19 pandemic. Also, you have heard the terms Rapid antigen and PCR tests. You know these terms are related to Covid-19. But only medical specialists know the details about Covid-19 tests. The local public must know basic information, such as when you need an antigen or PCR test. In this article, you will read the required circumstances for PCR and Antigen tests.
Difference between Rapid Antigen & PCR test
Before moving towards the situation, you must know the differences between the PCR and Antigen Covid tests.
- An antigen is an over-the-counter or at-home test, while lab testing is necessary for PCR.
- Antigen test diagnoses Covid-19 by encountering the virus antigens. And PCR test search for virus genetic material in the human body.
- In an antigen test, an individual collects a specimen from the nostrils, while in a PCR test, a medical specialist allows sample collection from the nostrils or throat.
- Fit to fly antigen testing machine takes 30 minutes to give Covid-19 results. However, PCR needs 24 hours to provide an authentic Covid-19 report.
- PCR test is more sensitive than Rapid test because PCR can detect asymptomatic Covid-19 also.
When should you take the Rapid Antigen test?
The fastest way of detecting Covid-19 is Rapid Antigen Test. You should book a Rapid antigen test in the following scenarios;
- If you were a SARS-CoV-2 carrier and have detected it two weeks before, you must get an antigen test to check your current condition.
- If you have had a Covid-attack within the last 90 days and now again observing some symptoms.
- If you are feeling sick, experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, and cannot get a PCR test timely.
- If you have spent time at a place full of hustle and bustle, you must take an antigen test.
When should you take a PCR test?
Like antigen test, PCR test also needs some situations. You must order a PCR test kit in the following circumstances;
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, a PCR test is essential.
- If you have attended a party with hundreds of people, you must book a PCR test.
- If your antigen report is not according to your condition, you should switch to a PCR test.
Trustworthy online test service to travel to a foreign country
If you are still deciding what Covid test you need, you must contact Official Rapid Tests. Their expert team will suggest the most suitable test according to your situation. They are among the EU-approved and UK-approved test provider organizations. Furthermore, their kits are FDA-authorized and CE-labelled. You can use Official Rapid Tests’ Covid-19 certificates for travelling to Spain, France, Italy, the USA, the Netherlands, Greece, Germany, and Portugal. Their rates are also affordable for all classes. You can visit their website or contact customer support if you have any queries about their services. So, let’s reach Official Rapid Tests and book your Covid-19 test for travelling.